This page is the area for basic recipes which I use all the time as a base for other dishes. Putting them all here saves me writing them and you reading them all the time.
- 100g flour per person (preferably type ’00’ – which is finer and more glutinous than regular flour – or, in failing that, strong white bread flour)
- one whole egg per person
- a wee glug of extra virgin olive oil
- combine all ingredients in a food processor with a dough hook attachment and blitz until a dough is formed (otherwise combine slowly in a mixing bowl by hand until dough).
- tip out onto a very lightly floured surface and knead well for 10 mins.
- wrap in clingfilm and place in fridge for at least 30 mins before use.